Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rainbow Jell-O!

I made this fun Jell-O for book club this week.
The girls from my book club wanted the recipe for the Jell-O,
so I decided to make a little picture tutorial.

You'll need FIVE 6oz boxes of Jell-O.
I used 5 different colors.

TWO boxes of Knox Gelatin
One can sweetened condensed milk

Step One
Mix 3 packages of Knox gelatin in 1 1/2 cups boiling water.
Mix until dissolved.
Add sweetened condensed milk to Knox gelatin mixture.
Set aside.


Step 2
Mix 3 packages of Knox gelatin with 1 1/4 cups boiling water.
Mix until dissolved.
Set aside.


Step Three
Dissolve 1 box of Jell-O in 1 cup boiling water.
I started with blue because I wanted it on the bottom.
You can start with whatever color you'd like :)

Step Four
Add 1/4 cup of the Knox gelatin mixture to the Jell-O.
Pour into a 9x13 glass dish.

Step Five
Now the waiting begins!
Let set in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
I did 20 minutes and my layers were perfectly set.

Step Six
Pour 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk mixture over the Jell-O layer.


Step 7
Let sweetened condensed milk layer set up in refrigerator.
I let mine set 10 minutes and it was golden.
While I waited, I repeated Step 3 with the next color.
That way I was ready to add the next Jell-O
when the milk layer was set.

Repeat Steps 3-7 with the remaining four flavors.
Do not try to be speedy and use the freezer :)
My layer order was: blue, milk, green, milk, yellow, milk, orange, milk, redAnd VOILA!
You now have a beautiful rainbow Jell-O
to wow your friends and children :)

It can sit out of the refrigerator for up to three hours.
You can dig in with one big bite.

Or you can pull it apart and eat the layers separately like my Boy :)

Enjoy!

ETA: Because the process takes a couple hours to complete,
your milk mixture and your Knox gelatin mixture
might solidify during the process.
Don't panic!
You can just pop them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds
and VOILA! back to liquid form.

No comments:

Post a Comment