Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pepper Jack Turkey Burgers.

3/4 ground turkey breast
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
4 strips bacon (we use turkey bacon)
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1 tomato cut into 4 slices

In a large bowl, combine the turkey, shallots, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and pepper. Blend in the cheese, then form into 4 burgers.

Cook burgers on outdoor or indoor grill 6-8 mins on each side. When you turn the burgers add the bacon to the grill; cook until crisp, 4 mins on each side. Serve the burgers on the toasted buns with bacon and tomato slices. Enjoy!



[P.S. I love beef so I wasn't very hopeful of how this would taste. However, I couldn't even tell with all the stuff mixed in with the meat. The soy sauce kinda gives it a strong taste that I don't like as well so I put less of that in my meat and more ketchup. These burgers are way moist and a healthy alternative to fatty beef.)

No comments:

Post a Comment