Monday, February 7, 2011

Pulled Pork Sandwiches


2-3 lb pork roast (thawed)
Small bottle of BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's or KC Masterpiece Original)
1/4-1/2 cup honey
1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp water
Slices of smoked provolone cheese
French bread or french rolls (tougher bread doesnt get soggy as fast)

Put the water in a crock pot. Put thawed roast in the crock pot. Pour BBQ Sauce all over the roast. Pour honey on the roast. Sprinkle brown sugar on the roast. Cook on low for 4 hours. Turn the roast over. Spoon some of the sauce on top. You can put some more honey and brown sugar on top if you want (I do). Cook on low for 4 more hours. Shred pork when done. Put on bread or a roll with 1-2 slices of cheese on the meat, it melts a little and is so yummy!!! This is just as good as or better than Cafe Rio's sweet pork!!!

2 comments:

  1. The last time I attempted to make pulled pork it came out so gross BBQ-y that I couldnt eat it, lol. I think I'll try your recipe & hope I wont have to toss it out this time :)

    Besides, if it taste anything like it looks I know I'll be eating it.

    ReplyDelete