Wednesday, January 13, 2010

s'more bars

I found the recipe for s'more bars on my friend's blog (wlichty.blogspot.com), but didn't have all the right ingredients. So, I changed it up a bit....it was so deliciously sweet. You may want to cut them into smaller bars than I did or you'll end up with a belly ache.....like I did.

.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used chocolate graham crackers)
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 1 cup butterscotch and 1/2 cup semi-sweet)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans)
.
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add the flour and graham crackers. Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 8x8 pan. Sprinkle the marshmallows, chips and nuts on top. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until marshmallows brown on top. Let cool on a wire rack or if you're impatient (like me) in the refrigerator on a wire rack.
Happy s'moring!

No comments:

Post a Comment