Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Swiss Cheese Grean Bean Casserole

This is not your everyday green bean casserole....it's the best there is! However, I haven't actually tried any other kind of green bean casserole, but I'm pretty sure this destroys the competition.
Ingredients:
1/2 onion, diced (I usually put the whole onion in)
6 T butter, divided
2 T flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp pepper
16 oz sour cream
16 oz swiss cheese, grated
5 cans green beans, drained
2 C corn flakes
In a large pot saute onion with 2 T butter until translucent. Add 2 more T butter, flour, salt, sugar, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes. Add sour cream and swiss cheese. Heat until all cheese is melted. Fold in green beans. Pour into a 9x13 casserole pan. In a small bowl melt 2 T butter and add corn flakes. Sprinkle over the casserole and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees. Enjoy!
If I am making this for just my family, I will divide it up between two smaller casserole pans and freeze one without the cornflakes on top.

Genevieve couldn't keep her hands out of it this morning. I didn't really mind.....she was actually eating veggies which is something she rarely does. Plus it made for a cute photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment