Friday, January 13, 2012

Apricot Glazed Pork Chops


I love food!
I especially love good food.
This one hit the spot with it's sweet sauce.

Here's what you'll need:
4 7-ounce boneless pork chops (I cut three of Costco's chops in half lengthwise and had plenty for our family)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive)
1/2 cup apricot nectar (I didn't have any so I put my jarred apricots (drained well) in a blender - I know, it's not the same thing, but it was perfect)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced (I used two)
1/3 cup apricot preserves

Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add pork to skillet. Cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes per side. Combine nectar, soy sauce, garlic and preserves in a small bowl; mix well. Pour over pork, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pork is cooked, about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot over mashed potatoes or rice.

Note: There was so much yummy sauce left over, so I reduced it over high heat for 5-10 minutes to thicken it up a bit. It was delicious poured over our potatoes.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love your recipes & this one sounds absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds yummy--that's a good idea to use jarred apricots for the nectar. I wouldn't have thought of that. I'm the only one who likes bottled apricots in our family, so it's hard to use them all up. I forget I have them sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm this does sound yummy! I haven't done pork chops in awhile, I'll have to try this one... Thanks Karen!

    ReplyDelete