Thursday, June 10, 2010

Asparagus Pizza

There are very few things that I miss from living in Stockton. One is the Asparagus Pizza that Dante's serves every spring. Oh, how I miss their crust.....but this is as close as I can get to having that pizza.
-

-
What you'll need:
Your favorite pizza dough (I like to use Rhodes frozen dough)
A little olive oil
1 Tbs. cornmeal
A package of McCormick's hollandaise sauce (prepared according to the package)
8-12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
6 oz. Canadian style bacon
5-8 spears of asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces (microwave for 2 min. before adding to the pizza)
1 tomato, slice it, remove seeds and pat it dry with a paper towel (I only get to put tomatoes on half of my pizza...silly Wayne isn't such a huge fan.)
-
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare pan by brushing with a little olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal. Roll or stretch dough to fit your pizza pan. Brush on the hollandaise sauce (I only used half of the sauce. You can save the rest to make this amazingly delicious breakfast pizza http://deliciousdixie.blogspot.com/2010/05/breakfast-pizza.html). Sprinkle on half of your cheese then top with Canadian bacon, asparagus and the remaining cheese.
-
Bake for 10 minutes, add the tomato slices, bake for another 10 minutes or until cooked through. I like to take the pizza off the pan for the last 5-10 minutes to add a little crunch to my crust. And there you have it....a pizza that brings back all kinds of happy thoughts for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment